Sunday, November 19, 2006

goodbye, fantasy season.

Watching your team's hopes for a playoff run probably go up in smoke with an ACL injury to your QB hurts more for the real Philadelphia Eagles, but it was a very sick realization as to how much I actually put into the fantasy team this time this year -- it really was the first season I'd had enough time to give a crap and be invested in it. And then McNabb tore his ACL in a loss to the Titans after winning several weeks for me (and the Eagles) single-handedly.

What makes it worse is that the Babydaddy in Arizona is my back-up QB (although he did have two touchdowns today, it was against the Lions, and next week's game is against Minnesota), and I've already been burned by Edgerrin James' play for the Cardinals.

My opponent has Plummer tonight while I've got Gates and Kaeding. I'm actually kind of rooting against the Broncos for this -- and it's wrong in so many ways.

Update, 11/20: -- The cosmic fantasy football fucking-over is complete, as the worst possible outcome of my real-life team's QB shitting the bed came to pass, while he didn't do it enough to give me the win. Jake, you are dead to me now.

No comments: